Purchasing a new home or selling one takes some serious prep work. You’ll need a comrade in arms: a close ally to help steer you toward homes you’ll love or present your home for buyers. Choosing the right Realtor can make a big difference in how fast you find or sell a house, the price you pay or receive and the smooth completion of the transaction. In this article, you will find some tips on how to choose the right real estate agent for you for both buying and selling.
FIND A LOCAL REAL ESTATE AGENT
No one is better than a local real estate agent who is familiar about the area you are looking to buy or sell a home. If you’re buying, a Realtor should be able to provide you with information on the community, the schools, taxes and other facts. If you’re selling, you want your agent to be able to talk to prospective buyers about these details.
What are the benefits to having a local agent?
- They know the area and the real estate market giving you insight on what a home would be worth in today’s market.
- They are able to inform you of the surroundings of the home you are looking to buy or sell.
- They work with the other local real estate agents, which mean that they communicate about the homes in the area. They communicate about what their buyers are looking for and what homes are going to be coming up on the market. This helps to match up buyers and sellers quickly.
- A local real estate agent is easier to meet up with to discuss your real estate needs.
FIND AN AGENT WITH A GOOD REPUTATION
Research real estate agents in the area you are looking to buy or sell in. An online search to explore their website, blog and any reviews or recommendations from clients is a great way to start. You may also want to ask your friends and family to see if they had a good experience with a local real estate agent.
What are the benefits of having a real estate agent with a good reputation?
- You will know they will have your best interest throughout the entire buying or selling process.
- They aren’t out for just the commission check. Agents with a good reputation care about their career; therefore, they will do what they can to ensure a good experience for you.
FIND A REAL ESTATE AGENT THAT IS ACTIVE ONLINE
Research shows that 90% of home buyers start their search online. Therefore, your real estate agent should be online as well. A real estate agent who wanted to be easily found will be on multiple social media sites. They will have a website.
What are the benefits of having a real estate agent active online?
- They will have exposure to more buyers and sellers to help match you with the right property. Remember 90% of home buyers start their search online.
- An online real estate agent will expose your home to more home buyers. This means higher visibility, and a quicker sale.
FIND A REAL ESTATE AGENT WITH THEIR OWN WEBSITE
Having a real estate website is important. It allows a real estate agent to be the online go-to resource for both buyers and sellers. It also means that the real estate agent is serious about their career as you have to pay to run a website. They want to be a resource for the home buyers and sellers.
What are the benefits of a real estate agent having their own website?
- The agent is looking to stand above the rest, and that is a good thing.
- The agents website is a place you can get to know them.
- You can do your own research on which properties you are interested in.
- The real estate agent can share your listing from their website where an interested buyer will have direct contact to the agent.
FIND A REAL ESTATE AGENT THAT IS AVAILABLE TO FIT YOUR SCHEDULE
Nowadays, life is super busy, and it’s hard to coordinate times with a crazy schedule. Be sure to find an agent that is flexible and willing to meet with you depending on your schedule. Your real estate agent should be flexible; however, you should still be considerate to their time as well. They still have a life.
What are the benefits of working with a flexible real estate agent?
- You won’t have to take off work to begin the journey of home buying or selling
- If you have a question, or need assistance, a flexible agent will be able to get back to you in a timely manner. No waiting until the ‘office’ opens.
FIND AN AGENT WITH GREAT COMMUNICATION
Your real estate agent should have great communication skills. Whether it is via in person, over the phone, text, or email your real estate agent should be willing to stay in contact with you the way you want to be contacted. These days it is super easy to stay in touch with real estate agents even via email.
What are the benefits of a real estate agent with great communication?
- You will always know what is going on in the buying or selling process.
- Your questions will be answered in a timely manner.